Celebrating UKy’s First Women - up to 1920

The Kentucky Agricultural and Mechanical College, having separated from Kentucky University in 1878, opened a Normal Department for the training of teachers in 1880 and the first women were enrolled. Women were not initially eligible for B.A. degrees. The A&M College moved to this campus on South Limestone Street in 1882 - coming to be known as State College.


Subscribe to RSS - Fayette Equal Rights Association