The Buddenbaum House is located in Paducah’s Historic Lower Town Arts District. The house was probably built in 1857, according to courthouse records and maps. It is the oldest house in Lower Town, the second oldest free-standing residence in Paducah and the third oldest residence of Paducah. Owned by the First Presbyterian Church next door, it is a 1600 square foot, four-room retreat decorated by art pieces crafted by local artists.
According to Bill Coscarelli, community columnist for The Paducah Sun (28 February 2015), one of the windows in the house is believed to be the oldest glass in