Southeast Asian Media StudiesOctober 2018, Vol. 1, No. 1
December 2018, Vol. 1, No. 2
* The Southeast Asian Media Studies is the official international, blind peer-reviewed, and open-access scholarly journal of the newly-formed Southeast Asian Media Studies Association (SEAMSA).
Resources, Environment and Infrastructures between Russia and the Asia-Pacific: Cooperation and Conflicts (18th – 21st cent.)
Organizers: Joonseo Song, Ha
"Global Cultures of Antifascism, 1920–2016," a special issue of Fascism.
❖ The Association of Chinese and Comparative Literature (ACCL) 2019 DATES CONFIRMED
Our next Biennial Conference has been set for July 17-19, 2019. As previously announced, the conference will be held on the campus of Hunan Normal University, in Changsha. Please save the dates! We are currently working to build the conference website quickly, and will make an announcement when it is available. We will also be sending out a formal call for papers soon, with an expected submission deadline in November.
CALL FOR PAPERS
I am seeking one or two panelists for a conference panel titled, "The South China Sea as Constructed Historical Region" for the Association of Asian Studies (AAS) Annual Conference, which will be held in Denver, Colorado from March 21-24, 2019.
Broadly speaking, the panel will be about the South China Sea as constructed historical region, variously envisioned or conceptualized.
We are seeking for panelists for a panel which discusses mural paintings in grottoes and temples in a broader Asian context. Studies of mural paintings in grottoes and temples are accepted. Contributions may address but not limited to one of the following themes or topics:
- Artistic representations of mural paintings
- Architectural significance of mural paintings
- Epigraphical sources on mural paintings
- Societal milieu behind the construction of mural paintings
- Iconographical studies