University of Kentucky Special Collections Research Center is pleased to announce the following resources are now available on ExploreUK.
- Linda Neville papers, 1783-1974 61m158 (partial digitization)
These papers represent the life and work of Linda Neville, whose vocation was the welfare of children and the prevention of blindness in Kentucky. Papers include such materials as financial and business records, patient case records, correspondence, publications, news clippings, personal memorabilia, and photographs.
- William Moody Pratt diaries, 1838-1891 46m79
These are the diaries of William Moody Pratt. In addition to the account of his activities and his impressions of the local and national contemporary scene, the diaries contain lists of marriages Pratt performed and of people received into the church.
- Wade Hall Collection of American Letters: Crawford family papers, 1910-1955, undated 2009:132:0148
The Wade Hall Collection of American Letters: Crawford family papers (dated 1910-1955, undated; 0.26 cubic feet; 2 boxes) consists of correspondence, a diary, assorted papers, photographs, and other materials of different members of the Crawford family. The bulk of the collection contains Robert Benjamin Crawford’s papers.
- John Jacob Niles papers, 1905-1984 82m9 (1919 scrapbook only)
The John Jacob Niles papers (dated 1905-1984; 63.45 cubic ft.; 220 boxes) contain correspondence, musical and literary manuscripts, and other materials written or collected by John Jacob Niles.
- Duncan family letters, 1803-1864 71m38
The Duncan family letters (dated 1803-1864; 0.68 cubic feet; 2 boxes) comprise correspondence to Henry Timberlake Duncan, Jr. from family and friends.
- Buffalo Springs Cemetery records , 1957 (Vol. I and Vol. II) 2015ms072
- An account of the remarkable occurrences in the life and travels of Col. James Smith, during his captivity with the Indians, in the years 1755, 56, 57, 58, & 59
NEW FINDING AIDS
- French family papers, 1770-1979, undated 1997ms161
The French family papers (dated 1770-1979, undated; 9.88 cubic feet; 27 boxes, 1 item) primarily comprises of correspondence, financial records, land surveys, legal documents, political documents, and photographs from James French, Richard French, Julia French Williams, James Hay French, and Jennie Judy Ratliff along with a few other assorted documents from other French family members and acquaintances throughout the years.
- Ezra L. Gillis papers, 1858-1971, undated 0000ua091
The Ezra Gillis papers (dated 1859-1971, undated; 20.06 cubic feet, 41 document boxes, 2 card boxes, 5 flat boxes) comprises correspondence, diaries, documents, publications, reports, clippings, notes, speeches, and artifacts primarily documenting Gillis professional and personal life from the time he became head of the University of Kentucky's Bureau of Source Materials until the end of his life.
- Recipe collection, 1888, undated 2015ms056
The Recipe Collection (dated 1888, undated; 0.1 cubic feet; 2 items) consists of two recipe books. One is a Burnett’s Flavorings Cookbook and the other is a handwritten collection of recipes along with a small collection of newspaper clippings.
- Josephine Russell Erwin Clay papers, 1823-1900 2014ms0174
The Josephine Russell Erwin Clay family papers (dated 1823-1901; 0.45 cubic feet; 2 boxes) consist of letters, receipts, a slave deed, and a scrapbook, documenting the Clay, Erwin, and Russell families of Kentucky.
- Samuel M. Wilson Cakes and Ale Club records, 1922-1951 61w10
The Samuel M. Wilson Cakes and Ale Club records (1922-1951, undated; 2.65 cubic feet; 6 boxes) comprise meeting planning, content and publicity documents relating to the Cakes and Ale Club in Lexington, KY. The items detail Wilson’s creation of the Cakes and Ale Club, policies and procedures.
- Pettit, Duncan, Gibson family papers, 1730-2008, undated 2009ms172
The Pettit, Duncan, Gibson family papers (dated 1730-2008, undated; 124.23 cubic feet; 323 boxes) contain the personal papers of members of the Gibson, Duncan, Foster, Pettit families, as well as several of the branch families, from the mid-nineteenth century through the twentieth century. The majority of the collection is comprised of correspondence: letters exchanged among family members, friends and acquaintances, or business associates.
- Warder Harrison Kentucky Entertainment Collection, circa 1820-2013 2009ms168
The Warder Harrison Kentucky Entertainment Collection (dated 1820-2013; 24.3 cubic feet; 38 boxes, 1 item) comprises scrapbooks, photographs, genealogical research, letters, memorabilia, newspaper clippings, magazines, record albums, sheet music, playbills, programs, and advertisements, which document Kentucky's role in the world of music, theatre, radio, television, and film. Warder Harrison primarily collected the material during his research for the book I Didn't Know That: Kentucky's Ties to Stage and Screen.
- Eastern Kentucky Health Services, Inc. records, 1975-1982 1997ms355
The Eastern Kentucky Health Services, Inc. records (dated 1975-1983, undated; 47.5 cubic feet; 46 boxes and 7 folders) contain financial request applications from public and private Eastern Kentucky health facilities. EKHS, Inc. financially assisted numerous private health care facilities, from small single bed family care homes to large medical centers. The records also include reports and publications concerning health care facility services supported by EKHS, Inc., and some office files like correspondence and facility status updates.
- Andrew J. May papers, 1899-1998 2013ms0746
The Andrew J. May papers (dated 1899-1998, bulk 1931-1959; 20.24 cubic feet; 45 boxes) comprise correspondence, subject files, newspapers, and photographs that document Andrew J. May's career as a lawyer and Kentucky Congressman for the House of Representatives (1931-1947).
- Hilton family diaries, 1840-1904 65m131
The Hilton family diaries (dated 1840-1904; 0.45 cubic feet; 1 box) includes diaries kept by Martin Tobey Hilton and his daughter, Mary Henrietta Hilton.
REVISED FINDING AIDS
- Fouse family papers, 1854-1952
- Charles Wheeler collection, 1879-1933, undated
- Emergency Fund and Service, Incorporated records (EFSI), 1965-1981, undated
- Brent Spence papers, 1861-1967 (addition added)
- Jewell family papers, 1814-1984 (addition added)
- Jesse Kitchen Lewis papers (collection inventory added)