The Center for Historical Research at Utica College invites paper submissions for a symposium, VRA@50, commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and the tumultuous era that led to the passage of this landmark legislation.
Rather than following typical conference format, each presenter will have one hour to deliver his or her work and exchange ideas with the audience. Our intention is for presenter and audience alike to gain a greater understanding of the Voting Rights Act and its era through an extended discussion.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Abstracts may be submitted to CHR@utica.edu.
• Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2015.
• Abstracts should directly address the Voting Rights Act or focus on events or the era from which it arose. Please limit abstract to a 500 word description of your research/paper. Final papers should be approximately 20-30 minute delivery length.
• Those with accepted abstracts should confirm attendance by registering at the conference website www.utica.edu/vra.
• Hotel accommodations will be provided for presenters for two nights.
• Registration deadline for presenters is October 15, 2015.
• Registration deadline for other attendees is October 30, 2015. Discounted hotel rooms will be available. Please see the symposium website for details.
• Registration fee includes meals and post-symposium reception.
• We will be pre-circulating final papers among the presenters. Papers should be submitted no later than October 15, 2015 to the organizers at CHR@utica.edu.
Center for Historical Research
Utica College, 1600 Burrstone Rd
Utica, NY 13502