Apologies for cross-posting.
Museum of Motherhood
& Journal of Mother Studies Call for Papers
Submissions by May 30, 2022
Creativity for a Cause in Theory & Practice
This issue of the journal will focus on creativity, advocacy, and activism through theory and practice.
We encourage a variety of types of submissions, including academic papers from all disciplines, workshops, creative submissions, performances, storytelling, and visual arts. Given the current climate, relevant questions or focus might include: How do we heal trauma? How can art be leveraged for community connection and social change? What works and what doesn’t work? Where have we been? Where are we now? Where do we hope to be?
- JourMS is interdisciplinary. Writers can follow either APA or MLA format (depending on your discipline). Double-space all text using Times New Roman on 8 1/2 X 11-inch paper. American spelling.
- Scholarly essays should be 5-18 pages double-spaced. Reviews should be approximately 500 words (we are flexible).
- You are welcome to submit original art or photographic images along with your manuscript; please ensure that you have (or will) proper permissions
- All manuscripts must be submitted with a cover document:
- Include a page with author’s name, address, email, phone number, brief bio, affiliation, & recent publications
- A 250-word abstract
- We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt once your submission is processed. The Editorial Board reviews all submissions before sending them out for external, anonymous peer review. We may provide reader comments and ask you to revise and resubmit your work.
- Please submit a final manuscript in Word Document to JourMS@gmail.com
- Seeking additional editorial board members as well for this year’s edition