The Governance of Health project (University of Liverpool) are organising a witness seminar in York on the role of the University of York in the development of health economics, a discipline which has become central to health policy and decision-making. This witness seminar will bring together key individuals in the development of health economics at the University of York, including academics and individuals in government departments and other organisations. The discussion will be facilitated to cover the following issues:
- Origins of UK health economics
- Health economics in government
- Health economics in other contexts
- The contribution of health economics to health care and policy
Confirmed witnesses will include:
- From the University of York: Professor Tony Culyer; Dr Roy Carr-Hill; Professor Michael Drummond; Professor Maria Goddard; Professor Alan Maynard.
- From other academic institutions: Professor Ron Akehurst (University of Sheffield); Dr Alan Haycox (University of Liverpool); Professor Anne Ludbrook (University of Aberdeen).
- Formerly from the Department of Health: Andrew Burchell; Keith Derbyshire; David Pole (written contribution).
- From other institutions: Professor Brian Ferguson (Public Health England); Professor John Hutton (formerly of YHEC); Professor Adam Wagstaff (World Bank).
Friday 27 October 2017
1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
ARC/014 Lecture Theatre
Alcuin Research Resource Centre (ARRC) Main Auditorium, Ground Floor
University of York
Audience spaces are available but limited. To apply, please contact: Eleanor.email@example.com
For more information on the project: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/psychology-health-and-society/research/governance-of-health/