The Polish Studies Association (PSA) is an organization of scholars, publishers, librarians, archivists, and journalists who specialize in the history, culture, art, politics, economics, and society of Poland. The Association seeks nominations for two positions on its advisory board to serve three-year terms. Successful nominees will join two continuing board members. PSA board responsibilities may include:
- Consultation with PSA President and with the editors of H-Poland to set priorities for the association, to determine the scope of publications on H-Poland, and to evaluate the overall content of the PSA website.
- Planning of regular PSA conferences, workshops, or sponsored panels at ASEEES conventions.
- Leadership in special projects such as culling of digital resources, coordination of film reviews, or the maintenance of online events calendars.
- Attendance (if possible) at the PSA annual meeting, held during the national ASEEES convention in November.
- Occasional service on subcommittees for book and article prizes or research awards.
- Oversight of the organization’s modest budget.
Please submit nominations and self-nominations to Keely Stauter-Halsted, PSA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We seek at least one board member who is not an historian by training and at least one with a professional appointment in an academic institution in Poland. All board members must be current members of PSA.