Dear SHEARites, if Philadelphia is broiling in the mid 90s by Fahrenheit's thermometer, it must be time for SHEAR! Just a few days until we convene for our 39th annual meeting and I have a few transportation updates for you.
- Time change: the trolley vans to the Presidential Address and Awards Reception at the Independence Seaport Museum on Saturday night will begin to run at 5:30 pm. Doors at the Museum will open at 6:00.
- There is no pre-arranged transport to Thursday's Plenary. Too many people arriving from too many different locations. However, you have several options for getting across town to the Penn campus:
- Uber and Lyft apps let you summon a taxi within minutes but you must download the app and set up an account in advance.
- SEPTA buses and trolleys will take you to the law school and back to the DoubleTree (and many points elsewhere of course). You will need exact fare ($2.50), or a token - which can be purchased in advance.
- Catch the bus at Walnut and Broad Streets;
- get a trolley at the 13th Street station.
- The Septa stop is at 34th and Market, a block from the Law School; the trolley stops at 36th and Sansom, also just a block away.
- Taxi share with others.
See you soon! I send you traveling mercies and a reminder to bring your sunblock.
Robyn Lily Davis
SHEAR National Conference Coordinator