Dear SHEARites, it’s less than a week until our 39th annual meeting opens in Philadelphia and, with apologies for cross-posting, I have a few updates and reminders to share with you.
- Pre-registration is now closed. You may register on-site but please remember that we can accept only cash or checks, no credit cards.
- Thursday registration from 5:00 to 7:30 pm at Golkin 100, Michael A. Fitts Auditorium, UPenn Law School, 3501 Sansom St.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday registration at the DoubleTree
- For Saturday’s Presidential Address and Awards Reception:
- free shuttle vans will make a continuous loop between the DoubleTree and the Independence Seaport Museum, 211 S. Christopher Columbus Boulevard, from 5:00 until 8:00 p.m. Return trolleys will begin shuttling back to the hotel between 9:00 pm until 10 pm.
- If you prefer to make your own way:
- Subway: Take the Market Street Line east to 2nd Street. Get off and walk south two blocks to Walnut Street, turn left, and walk across the Walnut Street bridge. The Independence Seaport Museum is the building on the right once you have crossed the bridge.
- Bus: Walk to Chestnut Street and take either the 21 or 42 bus east. Get off at 2nd Street, walk south one block to Walnut Street, turn left, and walk across the Walnut Street bridge. The Independence Seaport Museum is the building on the right once you have crossed the bridge.
- Walking from the Doubletree: Walk one block north to Walnut and turn right. Follow Walnut for fourteen blocks; once you have crossed the Walnut Street bridge, the Independence Seaport Museum is the building on the right.
- A reminder that HSP is offering free admission to conference-goers next week and the Museum of the American Revolution is offering discounted tickets to registered conference-goers from 19 to 23 July.
I send you traveling mercies and look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia next week. If you need anything before then, please e:mail me at email@example.com.
Robyn Lily Davis
SHEAR National Conference Coordinator