Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
Join us in Washington, DC, on January 4–7, 2018, for the 132nd Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association. The meeting offers four days of the latest scholarship, professional development, and unparalleled networking opportunities for historians in all fields and professions.
Preregister now (rates increase after December 15)
Book your hotel (AHA discounted rates of $145 per night available until December 12)
AHA members receive a discount on registration. Join today!
The meeting offers an unparalleled variety of sessions, workshops, and other events. View a full conference program online. Here are just a few highlights you’ll find in the schedule:
- Presidential Address by Tyler Stovall: “White Freedom and the Lady of Liberty”
- A plenary session on new research on the Atlantic slave trade
- Over 300 sessions featuring the latest research on every field within the discipline of history
- A conversation between Earl Lewis and William D. Adams on the future of the humanities
- An Exhibit Hall with over 70 publishers, digital providers, and other companies that provide services for history scholars and educators
- A newly designed professional development space that will give attendees the opportunity to explore career options and strategies for achieving success
- Opportunities to share your digital history project, learn the latest tools, and get feedback
- Workshops on teaching all levels of history, including AP history exams and crafting college-level assignments
- Four poster sessions, including a first-ever poster session featuring the work of undergraduate students
- Specialist-led tous of DC neighborhoods, landmarks, and museum exhibits
Marketing and Public Relations Manager
American Historical Association