EDITOR, JOURNAL OF AUSTRIAN STUDIES
CALL FOR STATEMENTS OF INTEREST
The flagship publication of the Austrian Studies Association, and an interdisciplinary quarterly with a half-century lineage, The Journal of Austrian Studies publishes scholarly work on all aspects of the history and culture of Austria, Austria-Hungary, and the Habsburg territory.
The Austrian Studies Association is currently accepting statements of interest to serve as Journal editor. The deadline for such statements is July 31, 2020. Once selected, the new editor would begin working with the current editor during a transition period and would assume full editorial responsibilities beginning in July 2021.
Working with the University of Nebraska Press and the book review editor, the editor will oversee the solicitation and review of articles and reviews for the publication of the Journal.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Austrian Studies and the Austrian Studies Association.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to academic interdisciplinarity.
- Have a demonstrated ability to network with academic constituencies and the potential to expand this network.
- Have a compelling vision for the future of the Journal, together with a plan for realizing this vision.
- Have additional qualities or experiences that will contribute to his or her success as Journal editor.
A full description of editor responsibilities may be accessed at http://www.journal-of-austrian-studies.org/news/duties
The “Statement of Interest” should consist of a 500–600-word statement that expresses interest in the position by addressing the candidate’s (1) qualifications for the position and (2) vision for the journal.
Please forward questions and/or the completed Statement of Interest, by July 31, 2020, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redaktion: Constanze Baum – Lukas Büsse – Mark-Georg Dehrmann – Nils Gelker – Markus Malo – Alexander Nebrig – Johannes Schmidt
Diese Ankündigung wurde von H-GERMANISTIK [Lukas Büsse] betreut – email@example.com