Macquarie University will host the annual IAFIE conference in Sydney, Australia from July 22-25, 2018. The goal of the conference is to further promote intelligence education and provide an opportunity for networking among scholars and practitioners from academia, the private sector, and government. We seek papers from those who support and are aligned with the Mission of the Association. We are particularly interested in panel, paper, and poster proposals that speak to the conference theme of “innovating intelligence education.”
Change is happening faster, and if we are to promote successful intelligence education, we must prepare to meet what may be very different needs. Our success as scholars and practitioners depends on how well we adjust to these tides of change. Innovation enables us to become adaptive to ensure enduring value and resilience in intelligence education.
Specifically, we are interested in complete panel proposals, individual paper proposals, and graduate/undergraduate poster presentations in the following areas:
- Emerging intelligence theory, practice and methods offering transformative perspectives on curriculum design and delivery;
- Adaptation of intelligence education to broader changes in academia, business, government, and society;
- International collaboration initiatives to advance intelligence education; and
- Initiatives to strengthen the identity and legitimacy of intelligence studies as a recognised academic discipline.
Please submit your 250-300 word paper/panel/poster proposals (abstracts) to Rebecca Vogel, IAFIE Events Chair by March 2, 2018. Notification of acceptance of proposals will be notified by March 23. All student proposals for either papers or posters must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement from a faculty member. Panel proposals should include a single 250-300 word abstract and panel title, as well as:
- All presenter names (limited to four), affiliations, and presentation titles;
- Panel discussant name and affiliation; and
- Panel chair name and affiliation.
For more information on presenting, attending, or sponsoring the conference, please visit the IAFIE website: http://www.iafie.org/.