The Historic New Orleans Collection invites graduate students and emerging professionals to apply for the Classical Institute of the South 2020 Summer Fellowships. Led by the CIS coordinator/research curator, the two fellows will do cataloging field work at historic sites in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Their records of decorative arts objects made or used in the region prior to 1865 will contribute to the Gulf South Decorative and Fine Arts Database.
CIS fellows receive:
- $2,000 stipend
- Scholarship to the New Orleans Antiques Forum, which concludes the fellowship
- Housing and transportation during the fellowship, plus reimbursement for travel expenses to and from New Orleans
- Orientation lectures and museum field trips providing background information about Gulf South history and material culture
- Hands-on study opportunities with a wide range of decorative arts objects
- Training in object photography and data entry procedures
- Resume-building hands-on experience by contributing to an ongoing museum research project
Fellowship datess: June 28 - August 2, 2020.
Applications due February 15, 2020.