Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
26-28 June 2023
Hosted by Ibn Haldun University
Venue: Suleymaniye Campus
This conference aims to offer a vertical history of war in the Mediterranean from the early Middle Ages to the Early Modern period (c. AD1700), putting the emphasis on the changing face of several of war’s aspects and contexts over time. This is an international collaboration between academics from Turkey and Greece that aspires to bring together scholars of military history in a bi-annual event and stimulate academic discussion in different aspects of the military history of the Mediterranean Sea.
We welcome papers that explore any topic related to following thematics:
- the study of battlefields within medieval military history (e.g., battlefield geography, artifacts and archaeology, methodologies).
- primary sources and their value for the military history of the Mediterranean Sea.
- the emergence and consolidation of customs of military obligation.
- strategy, tactics (battle and siege) and logistics in the regional operational theatres.
- naval warfare.
- society at war and the treatment of the defeated.
- leadership and the role of the general.
Conference Fee: 80 Euros (complimentary lunch, coffee etc., and a conference dinner)
Deadlines: The deadline for proposals is December 30, 2022; late requests will not be accommodated. Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words and a brief CV to the conference organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words and a brief CV to the conference organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com