CALL FOR PAPERS
Louisiana Historical Association
63rd Annual Meeting
March 11-13, 2021 – Alexandria, LA
The 2021 LHA Program Committee invites submissions on any aspect of Louisiana History from any era. Other areas of history that interface with Louisiana will be considered as well, especially in regards to the Gulf South and connections of the Southwest to Louisiana. Graduate students, archivists, documentary filmmakers and other public historians, such as curators and preservationists, are likewise strongly encouraged to participate. We prefer to receive proposals for complete 75-90 minute sessions but will also consider individual paper proposals as well. In addition, we ask that all participants register for the annual meeting and encourage them to join the association formally.
IF WE ARE UNABLE TO MEET IN-PERSON, SESSIONS WILL BE HELD ONLINE.
ANYONE SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THIS CONTINGENCY.
Proposals should be submitted in a single Microsoft Word (.docx) or PDF format file and include:
- A cover sheet with the session title as well as the names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all participants, including the chair and commentator.
- A one-page summary of the focus and intent of the session.
- A one-page abstract for each paper or presentation.
- A one-page curriculum vitae for each participant.
- A specified preference for any electronic equipment required for presentations. Although projectors and screens will be available, there is no guarantee that these will perform optimally with presenters’ computers and PowerPoint presentation. Moreover, access to projecting equipment is limited and may not actually be available to all that request it. Therefore, presenters are strongly encouraged to bring their own electronic equipment.
Deadline for submissions is November 15, 2020
All materials are to be emailed to Program Committee Chair Dr. Shannon Frystak (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the name, affiliation, and email address of the proposal organizer in the body of your message.