Your network editor has reposted this from H-Announce. The byline reflects the original authorship.
- Tegumentary, dermatologic sign, redefinition of the trivialized concept of fashion – beyond the garment: naked and dressed relationship (cover / discover, hide / reveal, bewilder / surprise).
- Comparison with other sign systems, especially writing (grammatology, inks and colors, calligraphic arts) related to body and skin; makeups, prostheses, liftings, scarifications, piercings, burnings, etc. and related connections, underlining the differences in the meaning of expression: somatic and semantic role, self-skin's misfortunes.
- Typologies of iconic genres and invention of tradition: new tribalism, primitivism, etc.
- The specific role of the tattooist as a subject of enunciation in the particular relationship to the tattoo and its aesthetic and pathemic transformations.
- Topology of the proprioceptive expressions. Esthesia: pain and its role, visibility and communication.
- Performance, duration, corrections and deletions. Customization and Auto (Bio) – iconography.
- Availability, multiplications, tattoo replications: body metamorphoses.
- Debrayage and embrayage: tattoos placed on the body and tattoos inscribed in the body (casuality, 'nature': expression and physiognomy).
- Tattoos' remediation: films, tele-visions, reality shows, specialized magazines, etc.
- Tattoos and related practices: murals, street art, animal markings, branding.
- Branding tattoo.
- Tattoo removal.
- Tattoo as ethno-medicine.
- Tattoo, literary tales, ekphrasis.
- Trauma and tattoo.
- Tattoo and colonialism / post-colonialism.
- Tattoo & gender.
- Tattoo & biological quality.
Proposals should indicate: Name, surname, institution of membership and role, e-mail address and telephone number.
Communications and related proposals may be in French, English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Proposals must be sent to both of the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to 'Tattoo Iconologies' in the subject line.
Acceptance notification will be sent by October 10, 2017.
Presentations will last for up to 20 minutes, with discussion at the end of a session.
The enrollment fee for the conference includes coffee breaks, two buffet lunches.
Papers, depending on their quality, will be considered for publication in a conference volume.
Participants will be provided with a list of hotels and B&Bs that will offer discounted rates for presenters.
Emiliano Battistini, Alice Giannitrapani, Dario Mangano, Francesco Mangiapane, Gianfranco Marrone, Marco Mondino, Rosario Perricone, Davide Puca, Ilaria Ventura.
Università degli Studi di PalermoPiazza Marina, 6190133 - PALERMOCodice Fiscale 80023730825, Partita IVA 00605880822
History Department, CUNY-QCC, 22205 56th Ave, Bayside, 11364 New York, USA, email@example.com