Call for Papers: Health & Poverty – SCIPR 2022
University of Salzburg, 12 & 13 September 2022
Submission deadline: 31 March 2022
The Centre for Ethics and Poverty Research, University of Salzburg, Austria, invites the submission of proposals for single papers, thematic panels (2 or 4 papers), and roundtable sessions (3-5 discussants plus 1 chair) for their 2022 Salzburg Conference in Interdisciplinary Poverty Research. The focus theme in 2022 will be “Health and Poverty”.
Health and poverty are interrelated in both rich and poor countries: poverty increases exposure to health risks, challenges coping mechanisms, diminishes opportunities for prevention and healthy lifestyle; poverty leads to a range of diseases and developmental disorders; poverty worsens people’s objective and subjective health status. In turn, people with health problems and disabilities are more likely to be or fall poor and to suffer social exclusion than the rest of the population. Research provides plentiful insights into the often-interwoven causal links between poverty and health.
In line with some core areas of interest in the work at the CEPR, we would like to especially invite proposals tackling the interrelation of health and poverty in regard to:
- mental health / psychological / psychosocial effects / subjective wellbeing
- children / family / lifelong and transgenerational effects
- spatial dimensions (including infrastructure, mobility, migration, transnational approaches etc.) / regional disparities / local and global challenges
- education / health literacy / knowledge transfer / digitalization / social media
- exclusion factors: age / gender / cultural, ethnic, sexual identity / social status, etc.
- protective factors: social cohesion / resilience / prevention / coping etc.
- health promotion / health care
- hard-to-reach groups / health equity / Health in All Policies
- knowledge generation / knowledge acknowledgment / participatory approaches
- normative issues of––social and global––justice / human rights / ethics
- politics of health and poverty framed by the SDGs
The 2022 SCIPR on “Health and Poverty” aims to bring together researchers and scholars from different disciplines, approaches, backgrounds, and experiences who work on the complex and multifaceted relation of health and poverty. Papers exploring normative issues of (social and global) justice, human rights or ethics in relation to health and poverty are welcomed. Scholars working in the global south are especially encouraged to apply.
Please find more informations and the full Call for Papers on the conference website: SCIPR 2022 - Health & Poverty
Center for Ethics and Poverty Research, University of Salzburg