CALL FOR PAPERS AND PANELS: THE AFRICAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION OF THE UNITED KINGDOM (ASAUK) 2018 CONFERENCE
Cultural concepts, attitudes and behavioural patterns are embedded in African arts. In African philosophy, the earth takes on feminine attributes. From this perspective, this stream invites panels to interrogate experiences, identities and representations of women resident in Africa, and the embodiment of the environment (the physical and supernatural earth, its surroundings and their natural resources and encumbrances) in African arts - African music, visual art, literature, dance and drama as enshrined in performance concepts and practices, past and present.
This stream welcomes panels that explore:
- Women and the environment in pre-colonial African arts - music, drama, dance, literature, and visual art.
- Women and the environment in popular culture.
- Women and the environment in production, distribution, marketing and consumption of the African Arts.
- Women, environmental degradation and the African Arts
- Women, environment, conflict resolution and the African Arts.
The deadline for submissions is 16 February 2018
Dr. Ijeoma I. Forchu, Institute for Development Studies, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Enugu State, Nigeria