Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Association 2022 Virtual Conference
Call for Papers
The Fourteenth Annual Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Association Conference
“Belonging: Insiders and Outsiders in Historical Perspectives”
The 2021-22 Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Association Conference focuses on the ways in which difference has been socially, racially, or institutionally constructed and resisted in various historical contexts. This broad theme is designed to encourage an array of panels that raise questions for discussions about the continuity of historical inequalities.
We cordially invite graduate students in history or other related fields to submit abstracts for this year’s annual conference on Friday April 1, 2022 to be held virtually via Zoom.
We welcome papers that address any geographical area, time period, or field of historical study.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. Please submit abstracts and paper titles to email@example.com
- In your submission email, please include your name, institutional affiliation, and a brief biographical statement indicating your academic status and scholarly interests
- Panels will be selected based on the submissions received
- Proposals for full panels may be submitted
- Conference will be virtual and synchronous
Please submit abstracts and information by Friday February 18, 2022.
Alexander Lundberg, Ph.D. Student in Latin American History and HGSA President at Northern Illinois University