MODSCAPES welcomes proposals (full sessions, papers, trainnig/workshop) to its mid-event event, an international conference dedicated to its research topic: Modernist reinventions of the rural landscape.
The Conference will take place in Tartu, second largest city of Estonia, and home to the Estonian University of Life Sciences, partner in MODSCAPES and organizer of the conference, from 10 to 13 June 2018.
The Conference venue will be the newly completed Estonian National Museum, a gem of contemporary architecture and landscape design.
This conference aims at:
- attracting other scholars, practitioners, decision-makers and citizens concerned with modern rural landscapes
- gaining insight in case-studies and approaches not examined within the project,
- disseminating the intermediary outcomes of the project,
- consolidating MODSCAPES’ international network.
The conference is preceded by an international call for papers, and will comprise keynote lectures, presentation sessions, and social events.
All accepted papers will be published in online proceedings, possibly to be made available at the conference itself.
The conference organizers are taking provisions to propose a selection of the best conference papers (including papers by non-MODSCAPES scholars) to be improved and published in edited journal issues.
KEY DATES (check the conference website for potential deadline extensions):
- December 21 2017: Submission of abstracts
- January 31 2018: Feedback to participants on acceptance, rejection or revision
- February 14 2018: Submission of revised abstracts
- March 31 2018: Submission of full-text papers
- April 30 2018: Feedback to participants on acceptance or revision from double-blind peer-review
- May 14 2018: Submission of final papers
- June 10 2018: Conference starts
CALL FOR PAPERS: https://modscapes.eu/conference2018/call-for-papers/