Wilson Special Collections LibraryCall for Research Fellowship Applications
The Wilson Special Collections Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries is now accepting applications for three funding opportunities for students and researchers who wish to use the rich and deep resources available in the UNC-Chapel Hill’s special collections.
Of special interest may be our doctoral fellowship awards focused on the American South and our Rare Book Collection Fellowships.
Complete applications for all fellowships are due by midnight January 31st.
Southern Studies Doctoral Fellowships
Wilson Library invites applications from doctoral students and candidates studying the American South for its Southern Studies Doctoral Fellowships. Two types of awards are available:
- An exploratory one-month Pre-Dissertation Prospectus Fellowship
- A one- to three-month Dissertation Research Fellowship
Further details about these fellowships, applicant eligibility, and the application process can be found on our Southern Studies Doctoral Fellowships page.
Visiting Researcher Fellowships
Wilson Library invites applications for research fellowships of at least ten-days that support intensive, innovative, and impactful research and artistic use of its collections. Eligible researchers include:
- Master’s students
- Independent scholars
- Established performing and creative artists
These awards support research focused on North Carolina and the American South.
Further details about these fellowships, applicant eligibility, and the application process can be found on our Visiting Researcher Fellowships page.
Rare Book Collection Fellowships
Wilson Library offers two types of awards to support the intensive use of its Rare Book Collection.
- The Bond Fellowship invites applications from the broader community of doctoral students and candidates, faculty, and independent scholars. These awards will support research residencies of between one and three months.
- The Hanes Graduate Fellowship supports master’s and doctoral students enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill whose research requires direct and sustained use of Rare Book Collection materials.
Further details about these fellowships, applicant eligibility, and the application process can be found on our Rare Book Collection Fellowships page.
Manuscripts Research and Instruction Librarian
Research and Instructional Services Department
Wilson Special Collections Library
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CB#3948 Wilson Library
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514-8890
North Carolina Collection | Rare Book Collection | Southern Folklife Collection | Southern Historical Collection | University Archives