Coreopsis: A Journal of Myth and Theatre Call for Papers Spring 2016: Faery Dreams… and, Dreaming of Faery
Abstract Deadline: October 30, 2015
Paper Deadline: November 18, 2016
Announcing the call for papers for our Spring 2016 issue:
“Picture yourself, for instance curled up all cozy in your blankets in the bole or the roots of a fairy tree. Or lying in a gently rocking boat sailing to Tir Nan Og. Or lazily sipping elf-wine by a warm fire. Or lying out in a meadow with the stars wheeling overhead and the fairies all around.”
– Dolores J. Nurss, Faery Dreaming
Suggeasted paper subjects under consideration but not limited to:
- Sacred places and Doors between worlds
- The literary tradition: Shakespeare, Perrault, Yeats, to the fantasists of the 20 & 21st centuries
- A long history of faeries in the performance arts: from mummer’s plays to Opera and ballet to Led Zeppelin to indie rock band, Omnia – all of these and more are suitable for this journal.
- Dreams and Faeries and Faery dreaming: journeys and messages
- Faery Magic (open interpretation)
- Seasonal customs and rituals evoking the denizens of the Fae.
- Reclaiming a distant past in a new dress? The emerging “ecstatic culture” of blue and green men, faery music, art, spiral dances, fire art, Faery conferences and art/music festivals.