The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC) invites students and instructors at U.S. degree-granting programs to apply to the Experience the South Caucasus Fellowship Program, taking place June 20 – July 20, 2022 in the countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. The program will immerse Fellows in the vibrant cultures and deep histories of the South Caucasus. Experience the South Caucasus offers participants a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills, learn about a little studied, but geopolitically significant part of the world, and visit cultural heritage sites — all through an exciting, experiential learning program. Experience the South Caucasus Fellows will:
- Gain valuable, unique work experience through engaging international projects, including part-time to full-time internships at non-governmental organizations (NGOs), research institutions, and non-profit organizations. Fellows will be able to indicate their preference for country and project. Training and supervision will be provided by each local institution.
- Learn about local arts, culture, music, history, and more, through weekly lectures offered by community-based scholars.
- Enhance global competence through immersive cultural experiential learning and field trips to cultural sites and museums.
- Build communication and presentation skills in a final, two-day workshop in Tbilisi, Georgia, where fellows will share and reflect on their experiences. The workshop will be led by Dr. Elizabeth Fagan (Virginia Commonwealth University).
Fellows’ transportation and lodging costs, as well as meals and incidentals (per diem), are covered in the program, within federal and ARISC travel guidelines and budgeting. COVID-19 protocols are listed at https://arisc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/COVID-Protocols.pdf
Virtual open houses for prospective applicants are available. Please register in advance using the link below.
- Wed, Nov 17 at 8:30pm eastern –Register at https://bit.ly/3qCSSxI
- Mon, Nov 22 at 9:00pm eastern – Register at https://bit.ly/3wK6uIl
Deadline: Friday, December 3, 2021
For the full call, including eligibility and application requirements, visit https://bit.ly/2ZNWodq For questions, please email email@example.com Funding for this fellowship is provided by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs through a grant to the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC). ARISC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or status as a covered veteran.