Call for papers: British White Paper of 1922 on Palestine and the beginning of the British mandate - a Century Anniversary
International conference at the Western Galilee College, Akko, Israel, 1 & 2 June 2022.
The conference will be conducted in English. The conference will be open to the public and will supply simultaneous translation. Participants from abroad will be assisted with lodging.
The 1922 British White Paper on Palestine (Also known as the Churchill White Paper), marked the end of British military rule and the beginning of the British Mandate on Palestine. We seek proposals on the following (however not exclusive) topics:
- British policy towards the Middle East, 1916-1922.
- The Mandate system in International Politics, 1918-1922.
- The British Mandate in Palestine, 1922-1929.
- Arab and Jewish reactions to the Churchill White Paper and the Mandate, 1922- 1929.
- Arab and Jewish communities in Palestine under British Military Rule and Mandate, 1918-1929
- British Middle Eastern policy on Trans Jordan and Palestine, 1922-1948.
Please send Proposal and short biography to: Dr. Haim Sperber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal deadline: 28 February 2022
Acceptance notification: 17 March 2022
Haim Sperber: email@example.com