2016 AASLH and Michigan Museums Association Annual Meeting
September 14-17, 2016
Theme: The Spirit of Rebirth
Proposal Deadline: December 7, 2015
More information: http://about.aaslh.org/am-call-for-proposals/
Annual Meeting 2016 Theme: The Spirit of Rebirth
The American Association for State and Local History (AASLH) will present its 2016 annual meeting in Detroit, MI, from September 14-17, in partnership with the Michigan Museums Association, and is seeking session proposals for the meeting.
The Program Committee seeks proposals that:
- Explore challenges faced by history professionals, including but not limited to: shifts in national and local demographics, economic downturn, financial pressures, and distracted audiences.
- Illustrate attempts – both successful and less than successful – to react to those contextual changes
- Illustrate attempts – both successful and less than successful – to proactively address pending contextual changes
- Demonstrate the value of understanding the past (societal, institutional, programmatic) in choosing a course for the future
- Consider the use and value of public history in modern national discourse
- Document innovative models, approaches, partnerships
- Assess honestly and critically the failure of outdated models; suggests new approaches to common problems; and/or affirms the effectiveness of traditional tactics
Read the Instructions and Submissions Guidelines to learn more about submitting a topic, including detailed information on session types (round table, forum, workshop, etc).
Need a little inspiration? Click here for subjects suggested by attendees at the 2015 meeting in Louisville.
Membership Marketing Coordinator, AASLH