The Sport and Society Conference is a distinctive, intimate and affordable three-day event that provides opportunities for sports academics and professionals working in sports-related fields to network and share their expertise about American sports.
The theme of the fourth Sport and Society Conference is “The Business in College Sports”
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Barry Alvarez, Athletic Director, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Anna DeForge, Wisconsin Basketball Hall of Famer, 5-Time European Champion, and 2-time WNBA All-Star
- Jeffrey L. Kessler, Sports Labor Attorney, Partner, Chair, Antitrust and Competition Practice, Winston & Strawn, LLP
- Aaron Taylor, College Football Analyst, CBS Sports
The conference fee of $225 includes access to all keynote speeches and concurrent sessions, the conference dinner, luncheons at St. Norbert College and Lambeau Field.
Conference attendees will also receive a pass to the new Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and a guided tour of Lambeau Field!
To maintain an intimate atmosphere, total registration at the conference is limited to 200. Preference for registration will be given to those delivering papers and presentations.
- Call for papers/abstracts: Dec. 1, 2015
- Closing date for abstract submissions: Feb. 1, 2016
- Acceptance: Feb. 28, 2016
- Registration opens: March 1, 2016
- Registration closes: April 1, 2016
Karen L. Cleereman
Conference Administrative Coordinator
"A Mirror of our Culture: Sport and Society in America" Conference