Advancing Latinas in STEM Academic Careers Book Volume
Priority Consideration Deadline April 30th, 2022
We invite papers for inclusion in a Special Edited Volume on Advancing Latinas in STEM Academic Careers focused on best practices, lessons learned, and cutting-edge research on advancing Latinas in STEM academic careers. This work comes out of our 2-Part NSF INCLUDES Advancing Latinas in STEM Academic Careers symposium (2019 & 2021). The audience for the collection will be researchers, colleges, universities, and other institutions with the goal to share knowledge, best practices, and resources for advancing Latinas in STEM academic careers. The Volume will be published with an online component (publisher to be determined).
The Volume will include topics presented at the symposium, including, but not limited to:
- Best practices and lessons learned to enhance the success of Latinas, a significantly underrepresented group in STEM academic careers.
- How inclusive academic climates that take into account issues related to the intersectionality of gender and ethnicity impact the success of Latinas, other women, and other under-represented groups in STEM academic careers.
- Research on how attitudes/behaviors, policies, and practices at institutions of higher education affect the professional success of Latinas, other women, and other under-represented groups in STEM academic careers.
- How work-life issues, policies/ practices, and mentoring impact the pathways/pipelines, recruitment, retention, and advancement/leadership of Latinas in academic STEM careers.
- How networking activities facilitate and lead to the implementation of programs/initiatives impacting the advancement of STEM Latinas.
We will consider a variety of formats, including a traditional academic research paper, collaborative approach, an interview format, narrative report of practices and lessons learned by your institution/organization, personal testimonios, to name just a few examples.
The submission deadline for priority consideration is April 30th 2022. Please Submit a Word version of your paper per the instructions on our website (link below) to ADVANCE@utrgv.edu along with a brief (100 word maximum) author bio.
For author submission instructions, go to: https://www.utrgv.edu/advance/_files/documents/advancing-latinas-in-stem...
Dr. Marci R. McMahon
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley