Dear H-Net members,
I would like to announce the publication of volume 20 (2021) of Studia Historiae Scientiarum, the peer-reviewed, diamond open access journal included in Scopus, DOAJ, ERIH+, ….
The articles are free to download from our website. Please see the table of contents below for details.
The journal accepts submissions on a rolling basis. We welcome original manuscripts focusing on the different aspects of history of science – please see the journal’s Editorial Policies.
Editor-in-Chief of Studia Historiae Scientiarum
e-ISSN: 2543-702X | p-ISSN: 2451-3202
Studia Historiae Scientiarum vol. 20 (2021)
Edited by Michał Kokowski
- Evolutionary transformation of the journal. Part 8 / Ewolucyjna transformacja czasopisma. Część 8 by Michał Kokowski.
DOI (English version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.001.14032
DOI (Polish version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.002.14033
SCIENCE IN POLAND
- Before the scope of research crystalized, or on the development of human sciences and studies on human races in the second half of the 19th century on the Polish lands (in Polish) by Katarzyna Wrzesińska. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.003.14034
- At the beginning of the development of modern human sciences and studies on “racial” diversity on the Polish lands (in Polish) by Joanna Nowak. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.004.14035
- The groundbreaking achievements of Lviv philologists in the study of Polish Romanticism until 1939 (in Polish) by Mariusz Chrostek. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.005.14036
- Professor Tadeusz Estreicher (1871–1952), chemist, cryogenic scientist, historian of science, art lover, humanist, translator and patriot (in Polish) by Alicja Rafalska-Łasocha. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.006.14037
- Władysław Szafer as a palaeobotanist by Piotr Köhler. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.007.14038.
- From the research on the history and legacy of Polish philosophical naturalists in Kiev in 1900–1919. Part 1: Czesław Białobrzeski (in Polish) by Łukasz Mścisławski. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.008.14039
SCIENCE IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE
- Historical school of Mykhailo Hrushevsky in Lviv: formation, structure, personal contribution by Vitalii Telvak, Vasyl Pedych, Viktoria Telvak. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.009.14040
- Stages of development, improvement and application of equipment for welding in space, created with the participation of Ukrainian scientists by Oleh Strelko. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.010.14041
- Darwin’s On the Origin of Species in Russia and in the USSR: some aspects of translation and publication by Mikhail B. Konashev. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.011.14042
- Nikolai Nikolaevich Luzin at the crossroads of the dramatic events of the European history of the first half of the 20th century by Sergeĭ S. Demidov. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.012.14043
SCIENCE BEYOND BORDERS
- Copernicus, his Latin style and comments to Commentariolus by George Borski, Michał Kokowski. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.013.14044
- Ladislas Natanson and Alfred Landé versus Planck’s law, the Boltzmann-Planck-Natanson statistics and the Bose statistics / Władysław Natanson i Alfred Landé a prawo Plancka, statystyka Boltzmanna-Plancka-Natansona oraz statystyka Bosego by Michał Kokowski. DOI (English version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.014.14045 DOI (Polish version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.015.14046
- Polish naturalists: Konstanty Jelski, Jan Sztolcman and Jan Kalinowski and their contribution in Peru’s nature research in the second half of the 19th and the earliest of the 20th century (in Polish) by Radosław Tarkowski. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.016.14047
- Józef Warszewicz (1812–1866) and taxonomical history of Warszewiczia coccinea (Vahl) Klotzsch by Alicja Zemanek, Bogdan Zemanek, Tomasz Głuszak, Marcin Nobis. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.017.14048
HISTORY OF SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE
- Book reviews in the history of knowledge by Aleksei Pleshkov, Jan Surman. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.018.14049
- Scholarship, community formation and book reviews: The Literarisches Centralblatt as arena and meeting place by Christiaan Engberts. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.019.14050
- Constructing the persona of the Naturwissenschaftler – German book reviews on galvanism by Alexander Stoeger. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.020.14051
- The academic virtues in public discussion: Adam Schaff and the campaign against the Lvov-Warsaw School in post-war Poland by Aleksei Lokhmatov. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.021.14052
- A tale of reviews in two history of science journals by Richard L. Kremer, Ad Maas. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.022.14053
BIBLIOMETRICS, SCIENCE POLICY, SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION
- The case of “a crow dressed in borrowed feathers”: Debate of the church historians on plagiarism in the 19th-century Hungary by Csaba Fazekas. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.023.14054
- Evaluationary (r)evolution of journals in Poland (in Polish) by Michał Kokowski. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.024.14055
- The impacts of architecture and decorative arts on health based on medical sources in the Muslim societies during the medieval era by Jafar Taheri. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.025.14056
- Mathematics in the interwar period in Central-Eastern Europe. The report on an international research project for the years 2018–2020 by Martina Bečvářová, Stanisław Domoradzki. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.026.14057
- Report on the activities of the PAU Commission on the History of Science in 2020/2021 / Sprawozdanie Komisji Historii Nauki PAU w roku 2020/2021 by Michał Kokowski.
DOI (English version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.027.14058
DOI (Polish version): https://doi.org/10.4467/2543702XSHS.21.028.14059
Professor HDr (Habil.) Michał Kokowski
Editor-in-Chief of Studia Historiae Scientiarum