Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a special issue focusing on development and change in teaching topics and pedagogical practices over the last 25 years. Transformations is a journal which invites college teachers to take pedagogy seriously as a topic of scholarly articles. It is an interdisciplinary forum for pedagogical scholarship exploring intersections of identities, power, and social justice.
What changes have you noticed or wondered about? Ordinarily, we accept only pedagogy-focused articles, but in this issue we will take a broader view. We invite submissions from long-time educators and those just starting out, and -- from the other side of the desk -- from current or former students. We welcome jargon-free essays from all disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives. We seek articles (5,000-10,000 words) and short essays for the "Methods and Texts” section (1500-3000 words). DEADLINE: November 15, 2015.
Topics might include:
- Perspectives on “political correctness” and “trigger warnings”
- Questions of diversity and difference
- Connections between classrooms and communities
- Reflections on change in literary canons or historical periodization
- The status of interdisciplinary programs and teaching
- The effects on teaching of “de-professionalization”: reliance on adjunct faculty, student debt, etc.
- Changing relationships between and status of teaching and research
- Technology in teaching
- The purpose and uses of classroom assessment
- Teaching controversies
- Teaching social justice and/as activism
- The role of internationalization, globalization, transnationalism.
- The statuses of STEM, STEAM, and the humanities
- Changing relationships between K-12 and the university
Past issues of Transformations include: Teaching and Religion, Teaching Popular Culture, Teaching Food, Teaching Feelings, Teaching Digital Media, and Teaching Sex.
Please familiarize yourself with the journal before submitting. Inquiries encouraged.
Visit our website to order past issues, or find us digitized in EBSCO. JSTOR is coming soon.
To submit an article, please visit http://www.editorialmanager.com/transformations/ and create an author profile. The online system will guide you through the steps to upload your article for submission to the editorial office. Inquiries welcome -- write to Jacqueline Ellis and Ellen Gruber Garvey, Editors, firstname.lastname@example.org All submissions are acknowledged via return email.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/transformationsjournal/
Ellen Gruber Garvey
Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy