Anthropology of History Yearbook, an academic journal published by Polish Historical Association invites contributions for the upcoming special issue on the cultural history of knowledge.
Anthropology of History Yearbook is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal that seeks to advance the development of research cooperation between historiography and cultural anthropology. The Yearbook creates a space for the development of methodologies of multi-level research of the past and its representations in cultures. The journal promotes high-quality scientific work addressing diverse and multidisciplinary perspectives and a broad range of topics in the fields of other humanities and social sciences, in particular, literature and film studies, religious studies, philosophy, and sociology. For more information visit our website at http://rah.pth.net.pl/en/
Anthropology of History Yearbook welcomes submissions of original research articles, review articles, state-of-the-art articles, preliminary communications, and book reviews that focus on the special volume topic. The issues that might be subjects of the contribution include, but are not limited to the following:
- definitions of knowledge in cultural and comparative historical perspective
- transmission of knowledge and its trajectories
- anthropological/cultural frames of the history of knowledge analysis
- coherence, generalizations, and levels of knowledge in the past societies
- cultural construction and distribution of knowledge in the past societies
- practices of reproduction of knowledge in local, everyday situations
- common-sense knowledge and the ways of its transmission
- the cultural history of scientific communities
Manuscripts based on original research and grounded in theoretical analysis or comparative perspectives are especially welcome.
All submissions will go through a two-part review process:
- Submission of 1000 words abstract that should present objectives and explain the originality of the paper, accompanied by a short resume of the contributor. Abstracts should be submitted in Word format or PDF. The deadline is February 1, 2018
- Accepted manuscripts of a preferable length of 40,000 characters (with spaces) will undergo double-blind peer-review procedure. The deadline for submission of manuscripts is May 31, 2018.
For submissions and queries please contact the Editorial Office at email@example.com
Prof. Marta Kurkowska-Budzan, Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Dr. Michał Rydlewski, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun