The Consortium on the Revolutionary Era, 1750-1850 (CRE) provides a venue for the presentation of original research on not only the history of Europe during the age of revolution, but also the Atlantic world and beyond.
The 2016 conference will be hosted by Louisiana State University-Shreveport on 25-27 February 2016 at the Hilton Hotel and Convention Center in Shreveport, Louisiana. The theme of next year’s conference will be “Post-Napoleonic Settlement and Challenges of Restoration” but we welcome proposals from allied disciplines and comparative studies on any topic falling within the 1750-1850 timeframe. In short, the conference will serve as a platform for research into the Revolutionary Era broadly defined. Confirmed featured speakers include Dr. Jack Censer (Professor Emeritus, George Mason University) and Dr. Christine Haynes (Associate Professor, University of North Carolina-Charlotte).
Conference organizers solicit proposals for complete sessions (three papers, plus chair and a commentator) but we will also accept proposals for incomplete sessions, and individual paper proposals. Session proposals should include
- Panel title & short, one paragraph description.
- Proposals for each paper (no more than 200 words each).
- Single-page c.v. for each participant. Panels of three or fewer papers must have two commentators, and cannot have two participants from the same institution or an advisor/grad student combination.
- Indication of any needs for ADA accommodation or audio-visual services. A/V requests can be honored only if technology is integral to presentation. Requests made after proposal submission may not be accommodated.
- Email addresses for designated contact person and each participant.
The deadline for proposals is 1 November 2016. We welcome traditional presentations of new research as well as roundtable discussions and pedagogical panels. Proposals from doctoral students are welcome. Electronic submissions should be sent in Word format to Prof. Alexander Mikaberidze at email@example.com.
Prof. Alexander Mikaberidze at firstname.lastname@example.org.