Conference Description: This conference will examine the diverse and unique confluence of aesthetic, cultural, economic, environmental, literary, political, and social influences within the Portuguese Speaking World. It especially seeks papers that emphasize intercultural and interdisciplinary perspectives which work to expand understanding of the challenges, changes, and alternatives facing these countries and their relationships to each other as well as with the broader world. With this in mind, we are seeking papers from across the disciplines on topics related to:
1. The Global South, Smart Power, and the Solidarity Economy
2. Ethnicity, Diversity, Mobility, Inclusion and Race Relations
3. Identity Formation, Social Justice, and Community Engagement
4. Resource Governance
5. Food, Water and Energy Security
6. Tourism, Indigenous Rights, and the Blue Economy
7. Rainforests, Global Warming, and Climate Change
8. Urban Planning and Sustainability
9. Visual and Performing Arts as Catalysts of Social Change
10. Critical Pedagogy
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts:
If you wish to participate, please submit an abstract of no more than 300 words describing the focus of your proposed paper or panel, the methodology employed, and the general argument. At the top of the abstract, type your name, institutional affiliation, position or title, contact phone number, and e-mail address. If you wish to propose a panel, please submit the title and abstract for each paper, along with the names and institutional affiliation of all panelists. Save all required information in one Word or RTF document and attach the document to an email message. Type “Year of the Portuguese Speaking World Conference” in the subject line and send it to Ms. Vivian Bonilla, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Submission of Proposal Abstracts is October 1, 2015.
Select Papers will be eligible for publication in a Special Issue of KSU’s peer reviewed Journal of Global Initiatives focused on the Portuguese Speaking World. <http://dga.kennesaw.edu/content/journals>