JOURNAL OF RESEARCH AND PRACTICE IN BASIC EDUCATION
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Journal of Research and Practice in Basic Education (Johrpbe) welcomes submission of manuscripts for its Maiden edition, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2021. The Journal aims at analysing issues in the field of education with special focus on issues relating to basic education. It welcomes articles relating to early childcare and education, primary and early secondary education, administration of basic education as well as curriculum and pedagogical issues in different subjects including arts, social sciences, languages, science, vocational and technical education.
- Manuscripts should be written in English, typed in Ms word format using 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced and not exceeding 12 pages of A4 paper including abstract and references.
- All manuscripts must include a brief abstract of not more than 250 words.
- A set of 4 - 5 keywords should follow the abstract.
- A separate cover page must be included with the submissions showing the title of the article, full names, affiliations, and e- mail address of each author while the corresponding author should be clearly be indicated.
- Any appropriate format may be used for preparing the paper, however, the Journal recommends the following: Introduction, Theoretical Framework and Literature Review, Methodology, Results and Discussion, Conclusions and Recommendations.
- Citations and references should be prepared according to the 7th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Authors are to ensure that the submitted material is original, has not been published elsewhere, and is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere. Submitted articles will be checked for plagiarism and other ethical issues although author(s) retain overall responsibility for any copyright infringement.
- Once the Editors determine that a manuscript is appropriate, the manuscript is sent through a blind fold double peer review mechanism. Final publication decision is made by the editors taking reviewers' comments into consideration. Authors are notified of the editors’ decisions along with copies of the reviewers' comments.
Submission / Article Processing Fee:
All manuscripts should be submitted online to the following email: email@example.com . Publishing in the journal attracts a submission fee of Five Thousand Naira (#5,000) or Fifteen dollars ($15) only while accepted articles attract an article processing fee of Ten Thousand Naira (#10,000) or Thirty dollars ($30) only.
Publication Format and Date
Both hard and soft copy editions of the Journal will be published. The online edition will be available on the Journal's website for viewing and /or downloading. The publication date is September of every year.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for submission in Vol. 1 Issue 1 is August 15, 2021.
Johrpbe is published by the Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (MOCPED), Noforija, Epe, Lagos State, Nigeria while the Editor In Chief is Dr. Nosiru O. Onibon, Ass. Prof. of Arabic and Provost, MOCPED.