The proposed volume is looking at the cultural and social life of television within and beyond the national boundary is of urgent need. It aims to collect some thick descriptions and insights of television media practices, related social processes and everyday cultural compositions of the region called South Asia, viz. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. It looks forward to understanding and conceptualizing the television public in modern South Asia.
Chapters are invited from the potential contributors on the following key themes and sub-themes, but not limited to:
- Television as a sociocultural experience
- Television and Everydayness
- Television and the Peripheral view
- Shared Culture of Television Viewing
- Massification of Television
Edited by SM Shameem Reza and Ratan Kumar Roy