For the upcoming general issue of Czech and Slovak Journal of Humanities (no. 2, 2021) we are looking for high quality articles discussing the impact of pandemics in history, art, literature or language. We welcome theoretical or methodological studies in the field, as well as research articles. Preferred topics include historical comparisons of old pandemics with the recent COVID-19 pandemic, incorporation of and reflection on pandemics in artistic expressions, literary works or linguistic developments (phraseology, lexicology, sociolinguistics). Book reviews and conference reports or short project reports are also welcome.
Please send your paper by September 30, 2021, to: email@example.com
The papers should follow the basic guidelines:
- The manuscript must to be submitted as "doc", "docx" or "rtf" file;
- Use Times New Roman size 12 font, line spacing 1.5;
- Citations in the text must follow the Chicago Manual of Style (please see http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html for basic overview). Please make sure you follow the referencing style properly – refer to the model paper in the attachment to this e-mail;
- Divide your article into clearly defined and numbered sections. Do not forget to include: your affiliation, abstract, keywords, e-mail and postal address – ask the editor for model paper and template;
- All pictures, artworks or tables have to be submitted as separate files, as “jpg”, “tif” or “gif” (high resolution, 300 dpi minimum). Make sure to obtain permission for use of copyrighted material. The placement of all pictures or tables must be indicated in the manuscript.
The authors will be notified of the acceptance of the papers by October 31, 2021.
Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, Katedra nederlandistiky FF, prof. dr. Wilken Engelbrecht
Křížkovského 10, 771 80 Olomouc (Czech Republic)