This August, BPM’s anniversary falls in the wake of the global pandemics of racism and Covid that have wreaked havoc on Black communities everywhere. For our 10th anniversary, in addition to our traditional celebration of Black giving, we will continue our global call for cross-sector funding equity to support our nonprofits and businesses, especially as we recover and rebuild anew.
Emphasizing our community movement’s resilience, as well as our determination to hold the world accountable for funding equity, the theme is TENacity: Making Equity Real. This year the BPM Summit will engage participants in assessing funding equity progress over the past year; how to expand adoption of the Global Black Funding Principles; the design of a Global Black Funding Equity Index; and a funding equity action plan.
Convening across five regions with a slate of world-renowned leaders in philanthropy, social investment, venture capital and more, we invite all communities across the world to join us in making equity real.
August 3 | 11:00am-3:00pm EDT: US Global Kick-off
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Bakari Sellers, CNN Political Analyst and Former Member of South Carolina House of Representatives
August 4| 8:00am-12:00pm EDT: Brazil
- Selma Moreira, Executive Director, Bãobá Fund
August 4 | 1:00pm-5:00pm EDT: The Caribbean
- Dr. Nelson Colòn, President, Puerto Rico Community Foundation
August 5| 8:00am-12pm EDT: Canada
- Rebecca Darwent, Co-Founder, Foundation for Black Communities
August 5| 1:00pm-5:00pm EDT: Africa
- Honorable Leymah Gbowee, Nobel Peace Laureate and Founder, Gbowee Peace Foundation
August 31| 11:00am-3:00pm EDT: Reunity: The Black Women's Funders Summit
- Sunny Hostin, Senior Legal Correspondent, ABC News and Co-Host, The View
- Reverend Naomi Tutu, Episcopal Church
Be sure to register for the BPM global panels at bit.ly/FundBlackSummit2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit bit.ly/supportBPM to support BPM 2021 today!