2018 U.S. Media Development Seminar on Palestine
July 11-July 24, 2018 in Jerusalem and the West Bank
Applications due January 12, 2018
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its third Media Development Seminar (MDS) on Palestine. This two-week seminar is limited to U.S. faculty members with a demonstrated interest in, but little travel experience to, Palestine. The program will host 10 to 12 journalism/film/communications/media faculty members to participate in Jerusalem-based activities that will include roundtable discussions; visits to university media departments, local media outlets, and cultural and civil society organizations; tours of historic cities; as well as meetings with Palestinian scholars and members of the Palestinian media community. Through these activities, participants will learn about the region, deepen their knowledge of media in and about Palestine, and build relationships with Palestinian colleagues and institutions.
• Be U.S. citizens.
• Be faculty members in media, journalism, film or other related departments at recognized U.S. colleges or universities.
• Be willing to integrate their experiences from the seminar into their own teaching and work and/or pursue a joint research project or publication with a Palestinian colleague.
• Have a demonstrated interest in Palestine.
• Have little previous travel experience to Palestine.
• Be a member of PARC (registration on PARC’s website).
PARC will make all arrangements for the program including hotel, site visits, tours, and meetings with Palestinian colleagues. PARC will cover all expenses for in-country group ground travel, accommodations, and group meals. International travel and personal and free day expenses will be the responsibility of each faculty member and/or his/her university. In cases of demonstrated need, there is limited funding available to cover partial costs for international travel.
(Program contingent upon funding.)
For complete information, visit PARC’s website at http://parc-us-pal.org.