Once a year the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI) awards the Otto Bennemann Grant with the aim of promoting methodologically innovative textbook research.
Application deadline: 15 September 2015.
The monthly grant rate is 2.000 EUR. The grant covers a maximum period of two months’ research work in Braunschweig; the grant holder is therefore expected to spend the period covered by the grant at the Georg Eckert Institute.
Applications are expected to be of a high standard. Applicants should clearly describe their methodological approach and the innovative aspects of their work, which must be related to the discourse on textbook research. Furthermore, the application shall include (in one PDF file):
- the complete Fellowship application form (cover letter)
- curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- detailed information on the subject of the work proposed
- information regarding the current status of (preliminary) work on the project and the schedule of work planned during the tenure of the grant at the institute
- a list of literature (bibliography) in the GEI catalogue that the applicant wishes to consult for their work on the project
- information on the expected final result of the work (monograph, post-doctoral thesis, etc.)
Fellows must reside in Braunschweig during their period of research at the GEI, and, if desired, can be accommodated in the guest rooms allocated by the association of Friends of the Georg Eckert Institute. All visiting fellows are requested to produce a research report (max. 2 pages) following their stay at the GEI.
The Georg Eckert Institute will not automatically reimburse travel expenses. Nevertheless, a travel allowance may be applied for and will be awarded to persons in need and according to the funds available. The allowance amounts to a maximum of 50 per cent of the travel expenses, but does not exceed 500 EUR.
Research may be conducted at the GEI at any time during 2016. Candidates will receive notification of the results by the end of November 2015.
Please send your application by e-mail (in one PDF-file, max. 2 MB) to: email@example.com, to arrive no later than 15 September 2015.
Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research
Member of the Leibniz Association
Celler Straße 3
Further information on the Otto Bennemann Grant