The School of Arts and Humanities is seeking to recruit a Visiting Assistant Professor in Film Studies to start in the Fall 2021 semester. Specialization areas can include Holocaust cinema, human rights film, and/or documentary film. This position will focus more widely on trauma and violence portrayed in film and uses of film to both propagate and record violations of human rights. In addition to meeting the needs in the area of Holocaust, genocide and Human Rights studies this position will serve demands in our Visual and Performing Arts undergraduate and graduate programs. The Visiting Assistant Professor will be part of the Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies.
- Minimum Education: MA in Film Studies, Film & Media Arts, or equivalent
- Preferred Education (strongly preferred): PhD in Film Studies or equivalent
- Specified academic discipline: Film Studies, Film & Media Arts, or equivalent
- Associated academic discipline: Holocaust, genocide, and Human Rights studies
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years College or University teaching
- Preferred Experience: 2-5 years University undergraduate & graduate teaching
To submit YOUR job posting, please visit the H-Net Job Guide: https://www.h-net.org/jobs
Featured jobs receive an added boost on H-Announce and H-Net’s social media channels.
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4, 2021 to be considered for the position.