Conflict Analysis Training
In order to work in and on conflicts, peace-building, development and humanitarian actors need to be familiar with the conflict contexts in which they engage. Although the tools for a systematic conflict analysis are abundant, their use and application is limited in organizational contexts and often the findings of the analysis are not sufficiently reflected in the program design. As a result, the relevance and effectiveness of peacebuilding efforts is limited and programs lack adaptation to the rapidly changing context. In order to implement effective conflict analysis and program design, it is relevant to explore a definition of the conflict and its root causes, drivers, actors and dynamics. Conflict analysis also entails identifying potential risks of an intervention and relevant mitigating strategies that make program design more targeted and effective.
This training provides:
– An overview of state-of-the-art conflict analysis tools, their specific advantages and foci
– Guidance in selecting tools that best serve programming and institutional needs in a specific context
– Lessons drawn from field practice on addressing key challenges in carrying out, updating and utilizing effective conflict analysis
– The potential of new technologies to enhance conflict analysis
The training is designed for peacebuilding, development and humanitarian practitioners and academics interested in bridging theory and concepts with practical knowledge, good practices and lessons learned from field-based conflict analysis practice.
Tuition fee: 1'700 CHF
Discounted tuition fee*: 1'500 CHF
Tuition fee for KOFF Members: 800 CHF
Travel, food and accommodation costs are not included in the fee and must be covered by the participants.
* A limited number of discounted tuition fees are available for: self-payers with limited financial resources, small institutions with limited financial resources, members of the swisspeace Support Association. Granting of discounted tuition fees is decided by the Course Directorate on a case-by-case basis.
Please indicate in the online application form if you are applying for the discounted tuition fee.
If a candidate is accepted on the course, s/he will receive an invoice from swisspeace in due time. Any person who fails to make the payment in the timeframe given will forfeit their place on the course. Upon request, the amount due may be remitted in two installments. (Please contact us for more information). Terms and Conditions.
The registration deadline is 31 August 2015. Apply now.