May 5, 2021
Art, Art History & Visual Studies, Early Modern History and Period Studies, French History / Studies, Jewish History / Studies, Latin American and Caribbean History / Studies
A roundtable event for Text/Image Studies PGRs within the School of Modern Languages and Cultures
The contribution of Postgraduate Research Students (PGR) to the wide realm of Text/Image Studies is an important part of the Stirling Maxwell Centre. This roundtable event aims to bring together Text/Image PGRs from within the School of Modern Languages and Cultures to share their research and ideas with each other and the wider Text/Image community.
In 10-15-minute presentations, we will hear about the work of five Text/Image PGRs:
- Jordanna Conn: A picture spans a thousand years: Jewish graphic narratives as 'proto-comics' in pre-industrial times
- Anaïs Delcol: Peregrination as a conquest or liberation of oneself in female travel writer’s work
- Ciara Haverly: Emblematics of virtue: women and the emblem in the 19th century
- Kristina Astrom: The folding of context in Mallarmé and Whistler
- Chloe Coldwell: Memorialising absence: the visual representation of the disappeared within the family structure in post-dictatorship Argentina
Chaired by Danielle Schwertner.
Register through Eventbrite. This event will be on Zoom. The link will be provided a few hours before the event starts.
Danielle Schwertner and Luís Gomes