Call For Papers
British Society of Sports History Annual Conference
St Mary’s University, Twickenham
Thursday 26th August 2021 – Friday 27th August 2021
This is an open themed conference. Submissions based on original research are welcomed from UK and overseas scholars and can relate to any aspect of sport, physical recreation, education and culture, as considered from an historical perspective.
- Dr Richard Mills (University of East Anglia) - 2019 Lord Aberdare Prize Winner.
- Dr Claire Warden (Loughborough University) - Sir Derek Birley Memorial Lecture.
Abstracts are accepted as follows
- Individual: a single abstract from an individual/co-researchers for 20-minute presentations.
- Proposed panel: a set of abstracts (ideally 3, or 4 maximum) submitted by a representative for a group of individuals/co-researchers examining a single topic or theme (session 90mins, including c.30 minutes questions/discussion).
Abstracts should be c.200 words, including
- Full title: as it will appear in the conference programme.
- Outline of the context and/or academic literature informing the research as appropriate; identification of core themes/argument of the paper and broad theoretical and/or methodological approach adopted as appropriate; significance of the research.
- Also include your preferred title/name; affiliation; email address and short biography (c.50 words).
Abstract submission deadline: Monday 17th May 2021. Abstracts must be emailed directly to Dr Charles Little of St Mary’s University at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your own name within the subject line of the email.