GCRR Press is currently seeking written or visual submissions to be anthologized in a bound publication dedicated to the theme of violence in art. We welcome both industry leaders and scholars from the disciplines of art, humanities, design, technology, and education to submit abstracts of their essay that will make a unique contribution to the academic study of violence and art. Abstracts or Proposals are due July 1, 2021.
Final scholarly submissions should be approximately 300-500 words that relate to one of the following fields of study:
- Animation + Game Art
- Violence in animation and video games: ethics, norms, and limits.
- Uniforms of violence, past, and present
- Fine Arts
- Art + Museum Education
- Displaying and teaching violence + propaganda.
- Violence and the obscuring of violence in literature + film.
- Interior Design
- The architecture of violence from the Inquisition, to concentration camps, and contemporary prison architecture.
- Graphic Design
- Propaganda supporting violence in culture | public relations against violence.
- Art History
- Violence in art across time and cultures.
- Communication + Critical Thinking
- Violence in rhetoric and propaganda.
- Violence as depicted in history
- Social + Behavioral Sciences
- Violence within anthropology, economics, psychology, and sociology.
- Photographing violence, ethics, history, and responsibility.
Submit your proposals via email directly to GCRR Press: email@example.com
Darren Slade, General Editor