Food and Nutrition in 19c & 20c Europe, 12-13 May 2016, University of Sussex (UK)
The History Department at the University of Sussex is pleased to announce a conference on the history of food and nutrition in Europe since about 1800.
We welcome proposals from researchers from a range of academic disciplines who offer an historical perspective on the topic and invite abstracts for papers covering any topic related to food and nutrition in Europe including, but not limited to, the following:
- The development of policy by humanitarian, governmental and intergovernmental organisations.
- The relationship between diet, nutrition and health.
- Economic, anthropomorphic and statistical approaches to the analysis of food consumption.
- Household-level analysis of nutrition/food expenditure and living standards.
- Transnational comparisons between European countries and/or studies of change over time in one country or region.
Please send your proposal (250/300 words) and a short biography by September 18, 2015 by using our online submission form at http://food-and-nutrition-conference.uk