Founded in 2010, the Sport & Society Research Network is brought together around a common interest in cultural, political, and economic relationships of sport to society. We seek to build an epistemic community where we can make linkages across disciplinary, geographic, and cultural boundaries.
We invite proposals for paper presentations, workshops/interactive sessions, posters/exhibits, or colloquia addressing one of the following themes:
- Special Focus: Whose Body is it? Sport and the Problem of Autonomy
- Theme 1: Sporting Cultures and Identities
- Theme 2: Sport and Health
- Theme 3: Sports and Education
- Theme 4: Sports Management and Commercialization