Join curators and historians for an engaging series of panel discussions offering perspectives on the current pandemic. Panelists will virtually share objects from the past as a springboard to a lively discussion of how to better understand the present. Audience questions are encouraged and will be addressed in the moderated dialogue.
- January 5, 2021: Racing for Vaccines
- January 19, 2021: Mask Up!
- February 2, 2021: Race and Place: Yellow Fever and the Free African Society in Philadelphia
- February 16, 2021: Essential Workers: Prestige Versus Pay
- March 2, 2021: How the National Museum of American History is Collecting COVID-19
Free registration is required. Individual session links are here: https://americanhistory.si.edu/pandemic-perspectives
Past sessions are viewable on YouTube.