A limited number of pre-dissertation research travel grants will be offered again this year. This grant is designed to support pre-dissertation research travel to Egypt for a 4-8 week period. During this period the grantee will conduct exploratory research to identify sources, establish contacts, identify and visit various sites and institutions and test the feasibility of their initial research methodologies on the ground in Egypt.
Fields of Study: Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Comparative Literature, Coptic Studies, Economics, Egyptology, Ethnomusicology, Gender Studies, History, Humanistic Social Sciences, Islamic Studies, Literature, Music, Political Science, and Religious Studies.
- Applicant must be an American citizen;
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an accredited university in the U.S. or abroad;
- Applicants must be available to conduct 4-8 weeks uninterrupted research in Egypt;
- Applicants must have completed all coursework prior to arriving in Egypt;
- An applicant may have already passed his or her comprehensive exams and/or been granted approval for the dissertation proposal.
Award: Not to exceed $2400 plus round-trip economy airfare.
Academic Programs Manager, Djodi Deutsch (she/hers)