Open and legitimate elections are the indispensable foundation for sustainable development and an effective democracy. Actions supporting the right to participate in genuine elections can play a major role in sustaining peace, security and conflict prevention. This requires skilled and trained observers.
Since 2012 the Global Campus of Human Rights has trained more than 400 short term observers through its onsite courses in Venice Lido. Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, a brand new 2021 online edition of the course has been designed to offer to selected participants a very rewarding, engaging and challenging experience in distance learning education.
Why choose this online course?
- practical exercises, real life simulations and case studies led by a team of electoral observation experts: Demetrio Lazagna, Alice Colombi, Charlemagne Gomez
- live debates with experts and representatives of sending authorities
- collaborative online tools, live exchange and networking with peers
- small class size to increase interaction and communication between instructors and participants
- availability of experts and training responsible to provide feedback and answer individual questions.
Course dates: 22 - 27 February 2021, including one live session each day
Application deadline: 15 January 2021
The course is devoted to all participants willing to deepen their knowledge on the functioning of an electoral observation mission from a multi-disciplinary approach.