Resilience, Resistance, Renovation, and Rebirth Conference
Zoom Conference: April 22, 23, 29, 30, 2021
Call for Proposals
Proposals due: January 31, 2021
What a year? SARS CoV-2 has hit us hard and forced us into a new normal. What is this normal now in the sciences, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (or STEAM)? What has happened to your work, research, and lives that would not have happened without the interruption of the SARS CoV-2 virus? How was the pandemic a spark for innovation for that cultural change, poem, industrial design, theorem, performance, medical discovery or whatever you and your team have discovered? Looking ahead, where do you see taking this idea? None of us are the same as we were twelve months ago. Tell us about how this pandemic has shaped your ideas. It could be a response to the virus, maybe about the isolation driven by the lockdown, or some other issue brought on by the pandemic.
This spring Northern Arizona University College of Arts and Letters will host the Resilience, Resistance, Renovation, and Rebirth Conference. Proposals for panels, individual talks, and performances that address this time in quarantine as a time of inspiration, innovation, and change from all disciplines and fields of study are welcome. Some of the subject areas of interest include:
- Unexpected collaborations both disciplinary and interdisciplinary
- Unexpected changes to you research practice and how you pivoted to adapt to the new norm
- Ways that you solved an issue brought by the pandemic that will grow and continue post pandemic
- Issues of social justice or racism exposed by the pandemic
- How the time helped give a moment for discovery
- Art, performance, literature, or other artistic work inspired by this moment
Please submit a title and abstract (300 words maximum) describing your panel or presentation, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2021. Please include your name and institutional affiliation (if any) and those of any co-presenters. Accepted submissions will be announced by March 1, 2021.
Co-sponsored by Northern Arizona University College of Arts and Letters, School of Art, and School of Music.